Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Project Proposal

Rob & Suzie,
In thinking about a project which I will bring back to the library, I'd like to generate a list of resources-dvd's, video clips, books, articles, etc., to create a media education resource bank for teachers. Some staff members are technology savy, others are less so. Even the savy ones, though, often don't think through the importance of incorporating the education piece when planning units. I think that kids are getting the instruction/education on a hit or miss basis. If there was a collection of information, an annotated listing pointing them to different resources, it would be a start, with maybe a media education presentation at an inservice, with follow-up discussions throughout the year.
As much as possible, I'll view/preview the resources as I'm seeking them out for the final project, though, realistically, much of the research will be locating them. I see this as a project which will certainly help in getting the process of this media education in our school moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment